Welcome to My Fundraising Page
Once again, I will be participating in the annual Free to Breathe Yoga Challenge Fundraiser. This is a multi hour yoga event that takes place outside and it is a beautiful event. I will strive to spread the word about Lung Cancer and raise as much money as I can for this worthy cause.
I do this because I don't want to watch or hear about anyone else having to endure what my father did for the last four months of his life. Through chemotherapy and the neuropathy it caused, my mom, sister, and I had to help my dad stand, sit, move from room to room, eat, dress, get to the bathroom, get dressed, and many other things. It is a life changing experience and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. This disease takes away abilities that we all take for granted each and every day and takes away one's dignity.
Lung Cancer doesn't care if you haven't ever smoked, because second hand smoke and radon can cause Lung Cancer too. Lung Cancer doesn't care if you smoked for one month, one year, 10 years, or are still smoking. EACH person reading this is at risk for Lung Cancer and I want to help change that.
Free to Breathe is an organization dedicated to doubling Lung Cancer survival by 2022. The organization has several fundraising events around the country to raise money for important research to help develop medications that will allow Lung Cancer patients to live longer, research to help diagnose Lung Cancer earlier, provide important materials for Lung Cancer patients and and their family, and hopefully, one day, find a cure. But the organization cannot do it alone. They need help
If Lung Cancer can be detected and treated early, the survival rates are much higher. The problem is, symptoms of Lung Cancer are mistaken for a myriad of other problems, and by the time patients reach stage 4, only two of 100 patients survive. Two.
According to the Centers for Disase Control (older article): Lung cancer is the No. 1 cause of cancer deaths. In the U.S. in 2015, 221,000 people will be diagnosed with lung cancer and 158,000 will die from it, the National Cancer Institute says.
Other Lung Cancer facts include:
• 1 in 13 men and 1 in 16 women will develop Lung Cancer.
• Radon is the #2 cause of Lung Cancer, and some of the people diagnosed with Lung Cancer caused by Radon are being diagnosed at Stage IV.
• Lung Cancer is one of the lowest funded research efforts for such illnesses.
There are several ways that you can help:
• Click on the “Donate” button to support my fundraising efforts with a donation
• Click on the “Register” button to register for the event and join me and my Team for this awesome event. Most anyone can easily do an hour or two of yoga and there will be options for ALL experience levels
• Spread the word about my fundraising efforts by sending the link to this webpage to everyone you know
• All of the above!
Thank you for taking the time to read my fundraising page, and Thank You in advance if you can give anything to this fundraising effort.
Together, we can make a difference for each and every person whose life has been touched by Lung Cancer.
Together, we can all be Free to Breathe.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.