Help me improve lung cancer outcomes!
I will be part of Free to Breathe Yoga this year, devoting a day of my practice to raising awareness and funds for lung cancer research. Lung cancer has affected several people very dear to me -- my Aunt Iva, my mother-in-law Mary, and my friend Maria (pictured above). I am participating in honor of them, and with the knowledge that all of us together will make an impact to help prevent and overcome this terrible disease.
Please help me reach my fundraising goal! Any amount you can donate will make a difference. Your donation will help make it possible for the Lung Cancer Research Foundation to improve lung cancer outcomes by funding research for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure of lung cancer.
Even if you have not been affected personally by lung cancer, here are some quick facts that show its impact, and why it is so so important that we devote more funding:
• The #1 cause of lung cancer among non-smokers is radon exposure, and about 1 in 10 homes in Wisconsin have high radon levels.
• One in sixteen people will be diagnosed with lung cancer in their lifetime.
• Lung cancer is typically diagnosed at Stage 4, because the symptoms don't typically become noticeable until the disease has progressed substantially.
• Lung cancer is by far the leading cause of cancer death among both men and women -- more than colon, breast, and prostate cancer combined.
• Despite that, lung cancer receives less funding than any of those three -- and even less than half the funding for breast cancer.
Thank you in advance for your support and generosity. Together, we are stronger than lung cancer!
P.S. After making a donation, please help me spread the message by sharing the link to my fundraising page!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.